Saturday, December 9, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 37:13
Pace: 7:27/mi

Comments: Didn't feel into it at all. Woke up feeling pretty tired and things didn't improve much during the day. But I needed the miles and I needed to try out these new shoes so I got off my ass and on the road.

I was able to put it on automatic and get through the thing with a minimum of fuss but my form was abysmal and I certainly didn't have any pep to my stride. My head hasn't been much into recently either.

I hope this is just the result of putting in the miles so soon after the race. I know I am pushing things a bit here but I can't put off putting in the miles any longer. If I don't knuckle down and get it done, there simply won't be enough time before the race to make up the lost workouts.

Conditions

Hour: 2 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 25 percent
Wind: 3.5 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics Kayano
Con Musica

Injury update: Well, the hope was that these shoes would address the shin/calf issue and, in all honesty, I can't tell if they are or not. It is stiff and a bit sore and I certainly felt it during the run. While it wasn't as bad as the day I wore my Saucony's this week, I can't tell if it is any 'better.'