Monday, April 30, 2007

Fitness Run

Time: 30 min
Distance: unk
Pace: unk

Comments: Going out today I resolved to keep things under control and to focus on technique. Shorter strides and proper footfalls. I started getting antsy about ten minutes in and fell into a ball-heel footstrike to accommodate it. The idea was to force myself into the proper form prescribed in
The Competitive Runner's Handbook. Drive off the back foot, Drive Up with the knees and Drive Down with the arms. About ten minutes after that I got that fun little stabby feeling in both calves. Not and injury kind of pain but a ""Hello! Remember us?"" kind of pain you get for laying off working out a long period of time.The last five minutes of the run (I went 30 minutes instead of 20 like last week) were pretty tough but in a good way. A real effort to keep in control and focused that felt very good both during and after