Saturday, May 5, 2007

Week Wrapup

Total Distance: unk
Total Time: 1.5 hours

Comments: After the unpleasantness with the hip yesterday I again opted for a two-day layoff this weekend. While three half-hour sessions a week is a drop in the bucket from the miles I was putting in the second half of last year, it's just too iffy right now to take a chance on doing much more.I went walking a bit this morning and while the hip was no big problem there is a decided tightness in my right calf that has persisted long after the achy muscle soreness has ebbed off. It makes sense that a problem there is an antecedent to this thing with the hip. A review of the blog shows this could be the case for the ongoing hip struggles that beset me in December and up to the time of the marathon.I also discovered that I have been running without my orthopedic heel insert