Saturday, May 19, 2007

Week Wrapup

Total Distance: 24.3 km (15 mi)
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min

Comments: And so ends the introduction. Two weeks had been barely enough time to prepare myself for the oncoming period of training but I think I'm ready. With my mid-week exhaustion and the litany of little aches it's pretty clear I am going to have to be very careful heading into this. I've got a new pair of shoes on the way as part of that and I plan to confer with the guru this weekend to finalize the plan.Injury update: Well, the hip issue seems to be stabilized but still there. But now I'm a bundle of nerves over this metatarsal pain in the foot. What seems clear is that the stretching/warmup is going to become a fixture of the workouts and I need to be icing as well. I also plan to start doing more upper-body work as well."