Sunday, July 22, 2007

Marathon Training Summary: Week 9

Time: 3 hours 5 min
Distance: 46 kilometers

Comments: A good solid week of work, cashing in on the long miles of the past fortnight.A noticeable drop in mileage but still substantially more this week than before I got down to it at the start of July. At this rate, I'll tally more than 100 miles for the month... almost twice my miles in may and a good five times what I did in June.While I feel very good at the moment, I am well aware that's a recipe for injury so I really need to get back onto the idea of running times and ignoring the distance. The harder I push myself on these individual runs, the more likely I'm gonna pull up lame at some point.Injury update: A lot of sore muscles but no real pain centers popping up. This tightness in the inside lower calf of the left side is damn persistent, though.