Sunday, July 22, 2007

Long Run

Time: 80 min
Distance: 16.5 kilometers

Comments: The plan was to put in a 10-miler or so which, given my recent long-run pace, would be right at about an hour and a half. So I downloaded podrunner for this week and headed out. Now I should have known what was going to happen when I heard Steveboy gushing over how great the mix was but I just brushed it off and got ready for the solid but not-too-crazy 159 BPM of this week's mix, ""Bravo Papa Mike."" Umm... mistake.This mix was in-fucking-credible. As awesome as advertised and then some. It got me by the throat from the start of the run didn't let up a whit throughout. The run I thought was going to be a short week respite turned into an expedition to find my lactic threshold.Add to that a group of Peruvian marines tailing me on the route and a marathon being run here in Miraflores that I crossed over twice and it turned a routi,ne long run into an adren