Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Training Run

Time: 45 minutes
Distance: 8 kilometers

Comments: I was very sore yesterday and a bit stiff this morning but got out and got to it with surprising ease this morning. This was a really good strong run where I actually kind of had to hold myself back at a couple of points because i want to recover completely from Sunday's big effort and have a consistency this whole week.The one thing that is clear is I am much stronger than I was just a few weeks ago. There is power in my stride and very little of the sloppiness my runs in May and June were marked by.With this run I've totaled 122 miles for July. That's more than double the 56 miles I put in for May and almost six times the 22 miles I did in June.



Conditions:

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up: 1 km run/stretching
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location