Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Training Run

Time: 70 min
Distance: 13 kilometers

Comments: Didn't eat really well last night and had noticeably less in the tank than normal. Felt pretty strong but my legs are clearly worn down a bit from all the miles.So it turned into a workman-like effort. Which is good in the sense that I'm not having to grit my teeth and try and hold it together for the duration of the run like I was a month ago. It's more of a 'keep focused and keep moving forward' kind of thing. And that's good experience for the race.
Conditions:

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: dirt
Warm-up: none
Weather: overcast/misty
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Peru
Shoes: Brooks Trance
Con Musica

Injury update: The lower inside of the right calf continues to pester me. It was joined twoard the end of the effort by a tightness in t"