Thursday, August 2, 2007

Training Run

Time: 45 min
Distance: 8 kilometers

Comments: I first intended to put in a half-hour run but decided to go for the 45 minute effort I originally penciled in the training schedule. The logic being that I'll run the half-hour tomorrow if I feel good but I can now give myself two solid rest days if i need to.The run was plagued by a sore right ankle (see below) but in terms of strength and form it went very well. I can tell I am getting into my race shape at last. I just hope I can fend off injury long enough to get to the starting line.
Conditions:

Hour: 9 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Warm-up: 1 km run/stretching
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores, Peru
Shoes: Brooks Trance
Con Musica

Injury update: Woke up with the right Tibialis posterior stiff and kept stretching it