Sunday, July 29, 2007

Long Run

Time: 2 hours 30 min
Distance: 25 kilometers

Comments: Now we are getting into the long runs worthy of the name. I was working all week to prepare for this bad boy and even had the pre-run insomina get me up at 3 a.m. this morning. All the carbs and stuffing my face since Wednesday really made a difference. I had what I needed to get out there and do it so the run became a battle about what I could endure.Things started off brisk and strong. I put the hills in on the front end, knowing I'd be suffering at the end. I kept a very strong pace through the first half and felt pretty confident going into Part II. Things got a bit hairy just before the 2 hour mark. My legs made me well aware of the fact this was more miles than I'd done since January. But I packed the pain into