Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fitness Run

Time: 15 min
Distance: 3.5 kilometers

Comments: Well, that was not the run I was hoping for. I got out late (deadline day) but felt really good. I took off at a hot pace but, before long, the legs decided they weren't up for the fun.I got a twing in my outer left quad, a zing in my right achilles tendon and an owie in the left knee. I also just didn't have enough in the tank to pull it out the whole hour I wanted. So, rather than do something stupid, I threw in the towel before I got to the hills. I can't say it was a bad run, just not what I was wanting. And, since this is a pull-back week anyway, there is no need to sacrifice my body for an unnecessary training run.
Conditions:

Hour: 10:30 a.m.
Surface: dirt
Warm-up: none
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Miraflores/Barranco/Chorillos, Peru