Sunday, August 12, 2007

Long Run

Time: 3 hours
Distance: 29 kilometers

Comments: A big long steady effort. I knew it would be a challenge and I did a bit to prepare but this one was a serious test of the will to complete. I got out a bit earlier than I hoped, which was good, and started very slow. Rather than run down the wasteland toward San Martin, I decided to do the run to Herradura beach twice instead. I'm leery of the hills but I need to get them in for the race itself.I had pretty good legs the whole way and was able to keep decent form. My iPod batteries konked out at halfway so I did the second half sin musica. Which was probably for the best, I really tried to concentrate on form and proper stride.It was an effort that took about all I had to give but not one that I felt beaten up and