Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:03
Pace: 9:30 min/mi

Comments: For every step forward, take two steps back. This run was everything the last one was not. Slow, arduous, unpleasant and unsatisfying. I was apprehensive at the start and it pretty much delivered on every negative point I was concerned about.

The one upshot is that I got the full four miles in without just saying "fuck it" and walking the rest of the way. I'm not completely sure how I managed to accomplish that so I'll take that as the single encouraging sign from this pathetic effort.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: My left hip was still a little sore this morning and my right lower calf was a bit during the run as well.