Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:55
Pace: 8:43 min/mi

Comments: The humidity this morning was about 20% less than it's been over the past two weeks and the difference was astonishing. While it was not  cool it was not stifling and I was able to actually run this workout.

I started a little cautiously but clearly moving at a quicker pace than I have been recently then held it steady for the second mile. On the third mile I made a conscious effort to push things; setting shorter goals every quarter mile or so to keep myself focused.

That got me a very nice 8:30 min/pace for the split and then I just tried to ride out the final mile. It was significantly slower than the first three miles but well under my 9:00 min/mile benchmark. I know all I need to be aiming at with my runs right now is getting the miles in with regularity but it was nice revisiting my training routines for one morning.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Soreness in my right hip at the three-mile mark.