Saturday, August 1, 2015

New Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

I have had a soreness in my hips the last couple of runs and, on one occasion, it persisted for more than a day. I haven't been doing anything extreme in these runs so the most likely culprit are my shoes.

I'm not sure how long I've been using that pair of Brooks Adrenalines but it's more than a year and possibly pushing up on two. Way too long.

So I went to the RunOn over in Flower Mound and got a new pair of wheels. I tried a number of different brands and styles but went with the latest version of the Asics Kayano. I trained in a pair of these for my first marathon and they are a solid shoe. Back then, there was an issue with the stitching that would give me blisters on the base of my big toe when mileage got up there. But they've changed that and I sure ain't looking at 40 mile weeks any time soon.