Monday, January 15, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:19
Pace: 9:49 min/mi

Comments: With the winter weather scheduled to arrive this afternoon and make the next few days completely miserable, I made it a point to get out and get this one in. If I have to, I'll do a run in freezing conditions, but now I've got some wiggle room with that.

I was a little stiff after yesterday's "speed" workout but it passed as soon as I got warmed up. With it pretty likely I'll have a few days off, I wanted to do this one at a faster pace as well. I just missed getting the first mile at sub 20 minutes but made sub 40 minutes for the run. So a nice negative split there.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Flux 4

Injury update: nada