Thursday, January 18, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:28
Pace: 9:51 min/mi

Comments: With the new shoes ready to go, I felt a bit anxious to get out and run today (in a good way for a change). The temperatures were still pretty cold this morning and I had to wait until noon for it to warm up a bit. And that's a relative term, the first mile was damn chilly.

The shoes worked as well as I had hoped and the run went very well overall. I clearly have some strength back but this was the first time I felt like the conditioning was starting to get there. The latter shown by the accidental sub-40 minute time and the fact I seriously considered going for six miles.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 40 degrees
Humidity: 47 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerine 15

Injury update: nada