Saturday, January 20, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:07:54
Pace: 11:18 min/mi

Comments: In a few weeks, if I keep my running regimen up, I'm going to look back at a six mile "long run" with some amusement. But, make no mistake, this was a legitimate end-of-the week workout. I had to earn this one.

I took yesterday off, slept well last night and have eaten pretty well over the past few days. Still, I felt worn out from the start. I was very conscious of not going out too fast given my rather speedy times of late but it really didn't matter. I had to slog my way through this whole workout.

I did this one widdershins which put the steep incline at the end. As a result the last mile was an ordeal. Add to that a wind gust decided to show up at the steepest part as well. Not fun times.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 56 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: 5 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada