Friday, April 20, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:04
Pace: 9:16 min/mi

Comments: Last run of my three-days-in-a-row effort. The weather has really cooperated this week and I've held up a lot better than I had reason to expect. My legs did feel a little bit sluggish going out but I seemed to warm up pretty quickly. But we'll see how the long run goes this weekend before declaring victory.

Since 9:20 min/mi seemed to be the pace I was falling into, and it's not crazy fast for me right now, I targeted that for the run. As with the other runs this week, I pushed a bit on the final mile and got comfortably under my goal. Now for a well-deserved off day.

Conditions

Hour: 11:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 51 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Ache on the top of my right knee at mile three.