Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:49
Pace: 9:56 min/mi

Comments: Instead of doing a pair of back-to-back runs this week I decided to take a day off after the long run/fast run combo. The new plan is a three-in-a-row effort which means easing back a bit for the first and last one.

So I left myself pretty open starting out today, I wanted to get into my pace before committing to a target. After a mile I felt pretty good about shooting for the 10 min/mi effort. With a headwind on the way out, I figured I could make it up without going overboard on the second half.

And it worked out that way. I did let myself stride a bit on the last half mile but nothing close to an all-out effort to finish under the wire or anything.

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: gravel
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 44 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada