Thursday, April 19, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:19
Pace: 9:19 min/mi

Comments: So I planned to do this run in the late morning and got out to the levee and... realized I forgot my shoes. Guh. So I did my errands and pushed the run to the mid-afternoon. This turned out to be OK because it's a little cooler today than it has been.

I didn't want to overdo it so I let myself warm up and decided on 28 minutes (9:30 average pace) as my goal after the first mile or so. I felt pretty good on the way out and was only fifteen seconds or so under the goal at turnaround.

I picked it up slightly on the back two miles and felt really in control of the run today. Even though I knew I had my goal, I strided my way through the final half mile. A very nice run.

Conditions

Hour: 2:45 p.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 36 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada