Sunday, April 15, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:39:02
Pace: 9:54 min/mi

Comments: I decided that 10 miles would be good for this week's long run. It's a good baseline distance I should be able to do regularly without beating my legs up too bad. Under ideal conditions, anyway.

Today wasn't ideal conditions. It was damn chilly this morning -- dropped back into the 30s -- but the wind that has been blowing for almost a week refuses to let up. I had a 20+ mph headwind the whole first half of this run and it was absolutely miserable.

Obviously, I had that pushing me on the second half but my legs were pretty worn down at that point. Still, I finished it in under 100 minutes which was my goal.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: gravel/concrete
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 49 degrees
Humidity: 30 percent
Wind: 20 mph with 30 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada