Monday, April 16, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:15
Pace: 8:48 min/mi

Comments: The idea was to segue right into another week with one rest day during the week and one on the weekend. So, with a regular run the day after a long run, it would seem to behoove one to make it a recovery effort. Of course I blast out a speed workout.

The 8:48 min/mi pace was my fastest in the last six weeks. But I really wasn't planning on doing that. I warmed up pretty quickly and realized I had the wind at my back. So I got a good first two miles in and just tried to keep the pace up as best I could on the back half facing the headwind. It just worked out better than I expected.

Conditions

Hour: 11:30 a.m.
Surface: gravel
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 48 percent
Wind: 5 - 10 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada