Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 53:50
Pace: 8:58 min/mi

Comments: Getting up at 5 a.m. still isn't easy but it's already a little bit of a routine. While the heat is the reason for the early runs, the lack of traffic is one hell of a side benefit.

The goal today was six miles but I also ended up doing a tidy little job of pacing. It took less time to warm up today in comparison to yesterday but I didn't do anything significantly different in the early miles in terms of pushing things.

At about three miles I was feeling pretty confident about the run and concentrated on consistency in the effort. The lack of hills makes a real difference for working on this kind of thing. I finished sub-9 min/mi which was far more than I expected.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 74 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada