Sunday, May 27, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 9.07 miles
Time: 1:30:15
Pace: 9:57 min/mi

Comments: Since the heat has started early this year, I'm having to start early as well. I got up a little after 5 a.m. and was running about an hour later. I decided to do White Rock Lake partially because if I ran it clockwise, I'd have shade from the trees on the second half when the sun was up.

This worked exactly as I planned. And my effort to acclimatize to the warmer weather seems to have worked as well. There is just one drawback to this approach -- humidity. It was formidable and I was sweating heavily by the end of mile one. Still, that's better than trying these kind of miles in the heat of the day.

I didn't look at my pace at all on this one so the sub-10 minute/mile overall effort was a nice surprise. That probably would have been my goal had I chosen to set one. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this run and this week overall.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada