Sunday, June 24, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 2:08:39
Pace: 10:43 min/mi

Comments: The plan was to do the long run yesterday; stacking it on top of a pace run Friday. Instead it turned out I was so tired I slept for 12 straight hours and it was way too warm to get the run in when I got up. So I took the rest and pushed the long run back to today.

The goal was 12 miles at any pace. And I started overslow to make sure I didn't get myself into trouble early. With the distance, the heat and the humidity, this turned out to be the right move.

So I didn't set any land speed records today but I did get the distance and, more importantly, I didn't feel like I was killing myself doing it. The back half of the effort was challenging but not like the run a few weeks ago when I went out way too fast on the first few miles. And, afterward, I didn't feel completely burnt out like on that occasion either.

Conditions

Hour: 5:50 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: 20 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada