Friday, June 29, 2018

Pace Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 33:24
Pace: 8:20 min/mi

Comments: Yesterday was a good rest day. I was a little tired but not exhausted and worn down. I got my steps goal without adding to the fatigue significantly. Slept hard.

Today I wanted to get a trial run of the race next week. Not as fast (hopefully) but pushing the effort consistently the whole way without going overboard. I'm not exactly sure what my actual race pace is yet, but this will suffice for now.

Looking at the heart rate I seem to have hit my goal. Most of it was in Zone 4 and only 1% creeped into Zone 5. My splits, after the first 'warm up' mile, were all within three seconds of 8:16 pace so the consistency was strong as well.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind:10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada