Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:08
Pace: 9:46 min/mi

Comments: My intention was to do this recovery run yesterday and see how it might work immediately after a long run. I felt really exhausted when I woke up and had other issues (see below). As a result I opted for a rest day and, in retrospect, that was probably the correct course of action.

So today was a recovery run. Just tried to keep it in the 10 min/mi range. As expected, I felt sluggish getting started and had to battle a lack of pep the whole way. But I really didn't have soreness and the strength in my legs was more than enough to get me through the effort.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 85 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Nothing today but the inside of my left kneecap was uncomfortable most of yesterday. Very similar sensation to the patellar band issue I had years ago.