Monday, August 20, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 16 miles
Time: 2:41:48
Pace: 10:07 min/mi

Comments: I was feeling inordinately guilty for missing the long run yesterday and was determined to make up for it today. I wasn't sure if I was going to go the full planned distance (16 miles) or dial it back a bit and go for the bigger miles next weekend. In the end, I decided to do the whole distance.

This run went pretty well on the first half but it was a bit on the humid side. At the turnaround I was already sweating hard and the sun was on me from there on. I made a reasonable stab at negative splits but when I got to the last four miles it was a fight for survival. The last mile was particularly agonizing.

I'm glad I did it and I feel it was a significant accomplishment. But the idea of tacking another ten miles on top of that seems insane to me right now.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear to partly cloudy
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada