Sunday, August 19, 2018

Marathon Training Summary: Week 8

Distance: 23.53 miles
Time: 3:30:51
Pace: 8:58 min/mi

Comments: A good week of work that ended on a lackluster note. I got up late today and, as a result, decided to put off the long run. The plan is to do it tomorrow, which will make this week look pretty lacking. Of course next week will start with a long run and, depending on how things work out, might have a second. We'll see how the legs respond to moving things around.

Overall the week went well, though. Got a lot of solid runs in and really kept to my intended goals the whole way. I kept closer to my target paces and my heart rate stayed in the ranges I was hoping. The temperatures are still a bit warm for the mid-morning runs though. Need to work on eliminating those if at all possible.

Injury update: Nothing really.