Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:35
Pace: 9:38 min/mi

Comments: Because of the unplanned rest day that pushed my long run back, I had to bump the recovery run up a day as well. I haven't done a 'day after' recovery run this cycle but I have been considering it given how tough these runs have been for some reason. As I hoped, this went a lot better overall.

I started off as stiff as one might expect and just tried to hit a rhythm. It turned out I was pretty much dropping into the long run pace so I just decided to keep on with it. There was a bit of stiffness the whole way but not really getting into the land of sore, so I was happy. Finished feeling pretty good, overall.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m,
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 74 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada