Thursday, August 23, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:15
Pace: 9:33 min/mi

Comments: Work travel obligated me to take a mid-week off day. With my unscheduled Sunday rest day that's kind of knocked me out of my routine. Today was simply about getting back on track.

I wanted a bit more than a recovery/easy run but nothing extreme. I also didn't get out until mid-morning so there was significant heat and humidity to contend with. Still, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

The run turned out OK. I did it almost entirely on strength. My heart rate and pace were really all over the place. I hope to get a more polished effort tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 79 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada