Friday, August 24, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 55:27
Pace: 9:14 min/mi

Comments: A very nice effort today. Finally got a full night's sleep and got up feeling rested. Got going a shade late but not enough to really make a difference. From the start I worked on a higher cadence but, not specifically to go faster. I wanted a good consistent effort without overexertion.

Truth is, I felt pretty strong the whole way and could have run it at tempo/race pace with just a little more effort. In fact, the times I did check the Garmin was in order to slow the pace down some. Finished without feeling exausted. Which is good because I've got some serious miles to cover this weekend.

Conditions

Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 74 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada