Sunday, September 16, 2018

Marathon Training Summary: Week 12

Distance: 35.31 miles
Time: 5:37:23
Pace: 9:33 min/mi

Comments: A little bit of a pull-back week from the previous seven days. This made even more sense after the extra work and fatigue due to the move. This week had a ton of scheduling issues that complicated running efforts but now everything is done and I hope to be able to focus on my performance in each workout much better.

I had a rough time the first runs of the week due to the lingering soreness from the 20 miler and the formidable humidity that has arrived in the area. The soreness has pretty much disappeared but the humidity shows no sign of relenting any time soon.

Next up is Peak Week with a lot of miles topped with the second 20 miler. I'm reserving the right to ease up on some of the mid-week workouts if the distance starts to make itself felt but I'd like to get everything I planned if at all possible.

Injury update: Regular aches and soreness but no major issues.