Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 55:56
Pace: 9:19 min/mi

Comments: This went a lot smoother than than yesterday's recovery run but the heat and, especially, the humidity really took their toll. I felt pretty strong the whole way but my splits were pretty much all over the place. Not pretty.

The real goal was a solid effort after the struggle yesterday and this certainly fit that bill. I'll attempt the interval workout tomorrow but the weatherman says the conditions will still suck for that. North Texas has no respect for my Peak Week.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 79 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Tightness in my right IT band.