Sunday, September 16, 2018

Long Run

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:58:17
Pace: 9:51 min/mi

Comments: A shorter long run nestled between a pair of twenty milers. With the relatively manageable 12 miles on tap, a big goal for me was to address the pacing. I wanted to accomplish two things; negative splits and increasing pace each mile of the second half.

It was a little later start today so I got the big dose of humid at the start and a heaping helping of sun for the bulk of the rest of the effort. That said, the conditions had much less of an effect on my performance than I expected it would.

I pretty much nailed my goals on the dot. I increased my pace each two miles of the second half of the run and accomplished it almost entirely by focusing on cadence. This is the kind of control I was hoping to develop over the course of the training.

Conditions

Hour: 7:25 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear/sunny
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada