Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 42:57
Pace: 10:43 min/mi

Comments: Typically I have to concentrate in order to keep my speed down on recovery runs. That wasn't a problem today. I really had a tough time trying to keep anything under 11 min/mi the whole way. Not an issue I've dealt with since early in the year.

I've noticed recovery runs are more of a struggle now they follow my only off day each week. But this was noticeably worse. Some of this is attributable to the big miles in recent weeks and as well as a bit of slippage in terms of moderation this weekend. But I've fueled well and gotten decent amounts of sleep. We'll see if it persists.

Conditions

Hour: 6:25 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 84 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: nada