Friday, September 7, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 57:07
Pace: 9:30 min/mi

Comments: The rain and exhaustion conspired to keep me from heading out at the usual time. I got myself together and headed out the door at 9:30 or so, plenty of time for the heat and humidity to get percolating really good.

All the up an down on the stairs the past few days -- approx 35 stories per day -- made themselves known today. My quads are not happy and I had a general stiffness to contend with as well. Weirdly, though. The first two miles felt the worst but I ran them the fastest.

The muggy morning took it's toll and this felt like a real slog but overall this went well.

Conditions

Hour: 9:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: partly sunny
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada