Monday, January 21, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:46
Pace: 9:11 min/mi

Comments: As much as I would have preferred to have gotten this one in first thing, work and chilly weather convinced me to push it to mid-afternoon. That worked out as it was rather pleasant, weather-wise for once and I was able to push the pace a little without getting crazy.

The first mile worked as a nice warm up and I let my effort drift up about half a minute per mile on the next two. The hills on the final mile slowed me down as expected so I really focused on cadence and keeping a consistent effort. Overall, a very nice run.

Conditions

Hour: 2:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 61 degrees
Humidity: 53 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada