Thursday, March 14, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4.06 miles
Time: 38:52
Pace: 9:34 min/mi

Comments: The rain went away but the winds came back. It wasn't particularly cold this morning but it felt chilly due to the constant winds. On the plus side, they turned out to be a lot less of an issue for the run itself than I expected.

This run went pretty well, actually. The effort was constant, my heart rate was controlled and I had the cadence up nicely along the middle mile. The splits were within 20 seconds so that was good to see as well. Hopefully, I can repeat the performance tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 56 degrees
Humidity:53 percent
Wind: 20 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 11

Injury update: My right knee was a bit sore starting out.