Sunday, March 10, 2019

Long Run

Distance: 8.05 miles
Time: 1:18:50
Pace: 9:47 min/mi

Comments: I really didn't feel like doing this one, to be honest. The plan was to get up super early and get a lap around White Rock Lake. Daylight Savings Time monkeyed with me a bit and an early grocery run made it worse. Still, I somehow got myself out the door right before noon.

The run was not a superb effort by any means. My pace was passable. My cadence started OK but eroded quickly. My heart rate was pegged more than 80% of the way. I never really felt like I was on the struggle bus but I passed the nearest stop a couple times. Most importantly, I got the weekly goal and bit of breathing room over the pace to meet my annual goal.

Conditions

Hour: 11:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 55 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada