Sunday, November 3, 2019

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.05 mi
Time: 40:55
Pace: 10:06 min/mi

Comments: Not particularly happy with the five-day layoff after doing such a good job starting the last week. I didn't want to overdo it with a longer run though. Which can be an issue when the temperature is in the mid-50s. The urge to put the hammer down can be tempting.

Instead, I just focused on cadence. Quick steps the whole way. The first mile was pretty quick but I fell back to the 10 min/mi range for the rest -- lagging significantly on the uphills.

Overall, it went very well and I don't feel like the layoff cost me. But I don't want to have another long pause now I've made real progress.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada