Thursday, January 23, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 37:59
Pace: 9:25 min/mi

Comments: I've felt kind of tired/exhausted the last day or so and starting this run, my hopes weren't high. Most of the first mile my legs felt empty and I was worried the whole effort might become a slog.

I decided to just focus on cadence and grind out what I could and just hang on to the end whenever the fade hit. Weirdly, it didn't. When I got to the hills on mile three I was doing pretty good so I really focused on attacking them.

The result was my fastest effort since May of last year. Not bad for a mid-week run.

Conditions

Hour: 4:45 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 71 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada