Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.04 miles
Time:45:29
Pace: 11:15 min/mi

Comments: One of my resolutions this year was to run another marathon. After reviewing my progress thus far it seems about time to decide what one exactly. If I start training now, I should be set to take on the Rock n Roll San Diego Marathon which is in late May.

So I got hold of Billy at Blaser Coaching Services to see about coming up with a plan and he said it seems reasonable.

This approach will inevitably result in doing a lot of runs slower than I usually do. So today I deliberately went out trying to keep the pace under 11 min/mi. I achieved that but it was a major pain in the ass.

And, even though it was far slower than my usual runs, I spent almost 60% of the effort with Zone 5 heart rate. So this will be fun.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 46 degrees
Humidity: 79 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada