Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 38:36
Pace: 9:36 min/mi

Comments: The long run on Sunday really knocked me for a loop. I pushed myself much harder than I realized at first. I was pretty sore that afternoon and yesterday wasn't much better. There was no sharp pain suggesting injury though.

So the plan today was to take it easy with a nice recovery run. The weather cooled down once again so I figured  I could hold the effort in check. Nope. Ended up blasting out one of the fastest ones I've done in awhile.

Mostly I was trying to focus on cadence but, for some reason, I kept creeping up pacewise. A good two thirds of the run was in Zone 4, which suggests I wasn't pushing it overhard either. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 46 degrees
Humidity: 63 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada