Thursday, April 16, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance:  4.02 miles
Time: 41:17
Pace: 10:16 min/mi

Comments: Not gonna lie, my legs are pretty tired. Even though I would have preferred to take the day off, I got outside rather early. The cool temperatures are still here and that keeps the newbies off the trails for awhile.

I not only ran this one a bit too fast, I did it a little bit too hard as well. Almost 70 percent of the run was in the Zone 5 range. I could really feel the fatigue on the hills of the last mile.

I'm pretty excited about the off day tomorrow. We'll see what I can accomplish over the weekend.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 83 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: My hamstrings were sore at one point as were my lower quads.