Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 5.02 miles
Time: 51:39
Pace: 10:18 min/mi

Comments: The cool spell continues and it was enough to be uncomfortable this morning. I waited a little longer to head out as a result. Still, it's warm enough in the sunlight, so the long sleeves were a bit much at the end.

I felt pretty good today so I decided to add an extra mile to the effort. The bigger problem was the overambitious pace. Still, almost the entirety of the run was in Zone 4 heart rate, which suggests I was in the right range.

I need to be careful with these extra miles though. That's a lot in the past five days and an injury right now would be highly unwelcome.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada