Sunday, April 12, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 9.22 miles
Time: 1:36:44
Pace: 10:30 min/mi

Comments: I really wasn't sure about how far I was going to run today when I walked out the door. But with the lack of traffic and reasonable temperatures I decided to head to downtown and back. The result was what I have dubbed, The Easter Morning Zombie Apocalypse 15K.

The lack of traffic really was creepy. I've never seen these streets so empty in the daytime. The upshot is I really wasn't too concerned about my safety for a change. And the different route was a nice change of pace.

The run itself went fine. I really wasn't planning on pushing it. The heat and humidity ganged up on me along with the hills on the last three miles. So that wasn't a lot of fun. I thought I was taking it pretty easy but heart rate was in Zone 5 for about half the effort.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 67 degrees
Humidity: 97 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada