Thursday, April 23, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.02 mi
Time: 37:30
Pace: 9:20 min/mi

Comments: The weather this morning was about the same temperature but significantly less humid. I ran yesterday's workout at the easy pace and have a day off tomorrow so I figured I might try and push it a little today.

I treated the first mile (downhill) and the last mile (uphill) as cool up/down runs. I tweaked the middle two in order to give me a pretty flat stretch and tried to push it a bit more than usual. I don't think this was 100% but it was a nice way to kind of measure where I am at.

The first 'fast' mile came in at 8:20 min/mi and the second at 7:43 min/mi. Not bad. More impressively, my heart rate stayed under 165 bpm and was in Zone 5 for less than 20% of the effort.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada