Sunday, May 24, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 9.05 miles
Time: 1:33:26
Pace: 10:19 min/mi

Comments: Once again, I probably bit off a bit more than I could chew with this one. I planned on getting eight miles but, when it came time to add that extra fifth of a mile to the course I decided to make it an extra mile.

The run was rough for a bunch of reasons; tired legs from yesterday, a shit-ton of hills and the onset of formidable heat and humidity. I honestly thought I was going to finish with 12 min/mi pace or worse given how rough the second half was.

Instead it's a solid pace and about half of the effort was in Zone 5 heart rate. That's work, but work I probably needed to put in. Now to rest.

Conditions

Hour: 8:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: 10 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada